Premier Scales & Systems
Calibration Technician – Evansville Office
Premier Scales & Systems is an Industry-Leading Industrial Sales, Service, and Calibration Company. We are seeking highly motivated, professional individuals to become part of our winning team. We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent income potential and a great working environment. We have been family-owned for over 50 years. Come and be part of a great team that values its people!
The below functional knowledge and qualifications are preferred but we will train the right person.
Summary of Position:
The Calibration Technician will work alone calibrating/repairing customer’s industrial scales and other measurement devices. Candidates must have strong computer skills, be able to follow procedures, and the ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly. They work overtime and respond to after-hours calls as needed. Class B CDL preferred but not required upon hire. Hourly rate based on Experience.
- Provide precision calibration and repairs of Industrial Weighing Scales and measurement devices.
- Responds to emergency calls after hours to repair or calibrate customer’s scales.
- Able to work alone to complete jobs with minimal supervision.
- Communicate with other technicians, managers, internal and external customers, and vendors.
- Comply with all required procedures and standards.
- Strong mechanical, electronic and/or mechanical background in an industrial environment.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving history
- Class B CDL required within 1 year of hire.
- Ability to work in an on-call rotation and overtime as needed.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, technical writing ability preferred
- Must be able to troubleshoot, align and optimize precision equipment.
- Must possess a strong attention to details
- Must be dependable and have a solid work ethic
- Must be able to pass technical proficiency assessments
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and consent to a random drug testing program
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; military experience in measurement and diagnostic equipment or secondary education in a technical discipline.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and have the ability to understand various other software programs.
- Must have at least 3 years of industrial maintenance or calibration experience.
- Ability to frequently move test equipment, up to 50 pounds repeatedly, to carts for transport up to 1,000 pounds to other areas of the facility.
- Occasionally lift equipment greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to occasionally position self by climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling to complete calibration or other work.
- Must be able to operate a computer and read procedures from a monitor or from printouts.
- Ability to stand, stoop, or sit for long periods as testing requires.
- Capability to move about inside a lab, office, and various manufacturing environments.
- Able to work in various weather conditions. (heat, cold, rain…)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional Scheduled Weekends
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Calibration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com